Tibco Software was founded way back in 1997 by Vivek Ranadive and still today it stands as one of the most popular, robust, finest and an easy to use business integration tools. Here the word integration means connecting different end systems like Salesforce, database systems, SOAP applications and various other web applications. Integration applications are always classified as middleware technologies. For a tool/technology to be successful, your integration platform must meet the following requirements.
- Short deployment cycle: The integration project must be ready to go into production within a realistic timeframe and deploying from development to a running project must go smoothly.
- Scalability and extensibility: The project must be scalable (respond to increasing demand) and extensible (allow integration of new applications). Extensibility also means that the project must be flexible and adaptable so you can potentially adapt it to multiple departments in the same company.
- Ease of use: Integration projects are often developed by outside companies or consultants. When the project is complete, the company itself becomes responsible for maintenance and updates, and employees usually face a steep learning curve. If the integration platform is easy to use, the project can be developed in-house. Cost of ownership is greatly reduced because the expertise is already there.
How does Tibco Integration tool work?
Below image explains the series of steps that take place when a user purchases a product online.
- Orders arrive from the distributors on the Internet.
- The orders are processed by a customized order capture system built on top of an application server.
- A TIBCO JMS (Java Messaging Service) Queue Receiver activity receives the incoming order document. In the Figure, the box labeled Business process (coordinator) represents the TIBCO BusinessWorks engine executing the business process.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks transforms the order, which was supplied in XML to a format PeopleSoft expects and the PeopleSoft adapter submits the order to the PeopleSoft Order Management system.
- The PeopleSoft system accepts or rejects the order. When it accepts the order, it includes an Order ID.
- If the order amount is greater than $10,000, the order is sent out for a credit check. When the credit check is not successful, the customer is informed immediately and the order placed on indefinite hold. Otherwise, if approval arrives, the process continues.
- TIBCO Software checks the shipping schedule using a web service activity and adds the ship date to the order.
- TIBCO Software sends the information about the order, including the Order ID and the shipping information, to a Siebel adapter. The Siebel adapter adds a new customer service record to the Siebel system.
Various TIBCO products involved:
The following products are prerequisites for TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks and must be installed prior to installing TIBCO BusinessWorks:
- TIBCO Rendezvous software – a proprietary messaging service launched by Tibco. It is used for internal and external communication.
- TIBCO Runtime Agent (TRA) supplies a number of TIBCO and third-party libraries used by TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks and other TIBCO products both at design-time and runtime. This includes, for example, designer. You must install TIBCO Runtime Agent on each machine that hosts a TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks process engine.
- TIBCO Designer is a graphical user interface (GUI) that is installed as part of TRA. TIBCO Designer provides an easy-to-use design-time environment that supports adapter configuration, process design, and testing of the integration project.
- TIBCO Administrator supports deployment, security administration, and monitoring and management of processes and machines. TIBCO Administrator consists of the TIBCO Administration Server and the web browser based TIBCO Administrator GUI.
- TIBCO BusinessEvents – It is an independent product of the Tibco Software, used for real-time data processing. It is very difficult to manage the data arriving in real time from hundreds of internal and external sources. The BusinessEvents provides a provision to handle this data via complex rules processing and event management.